Thursday, June 07, 2007

Late Night Waterfall Listening

Wow. I am breathing. Yay.

4:00 today started my vacation. gosh, I need it.

I need it bad.

This has been a whirlwind year. Synopsis: Look for work last summer (on top of writing curriculum, editing, and crunching school data). Ray dies. Health crises. Kids start new schools. Start new second part time job. Decide that even though we just finished renovations and got our house on the ticketed Philadelphia Open House Tour (because I'm a designing genius w/ a flair for the very cool, always) that life is too short and we'd like to move, so we list our house for sale and start looking for a new, big place. Try to sell house. Try to figure out where we want to live. Emergency job promotion (which ends up equalling baptism by fire - hehehe, no manual!). Move to new house. Oh yeah, be a mom always to 2 young kids. Try to unpack and design big place all over again. Survive baseball season. Teach two night classes. Survive crazy work year. (Notice grocery shopping is not on this list.)

i DESERVE this vacation.

Hell, I deserve a freaking year off.

It may happen.

I'm not sure what to do, but I'm looking forward very much to the next bunch of days. Band rehearsal tomorrow w/ the boys. That's been going pretty well! The show is Saturday. And after that, I'm looking forward to packing some suitcases and heading down to the beach w/ my baby #1 whose last day of school for the year is tomorrow and see Uncle Bebop and my parents. Dolphin watching. Gorgeous (gay) men watching. Listening to the ocean.

As I listen to my neighbor's waterfall into his koi pond, I'm almost there.

(Oh yeah, now I remember what bliss and serenity feel like.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home